Tuesday, December 30, 2014

White House Branch

Well, here are some of the happenings of the last two weeks.

I had snickers two Sundays ago and it had been a while since I've had it and I liked it! Well, I officially like snickers.

I finally found something here like ranch. it's called caseiro. Finally I can put it on pizza...

Also, it was raining the other day and I saw a double rainbow, I've seen a lot more rainbows here than when I was in the states, I would say it's because it rains so much. But when there's a double rainbow, the colors are oppositely ordered. It's vibgyor, then roygbiv on the bottom.

Also, more on everyone eating with only forks and knives here. I was in a house where we all ate pizza with a fork and knife. Needless to say, it was weird.

Also, something I forgot to mention when we were talking on Christmas is that I can play 4 hymns in the hymnbook reasonably well. I can't play any others, but Ye Elders of Israel seems to be the easiest to me.

Also, McDonald's and Burger King are really expensive here. For example, the 69 cent burgers that you can buy at McDonald's on the special days are $2.50 here. (converted to dollars)

Also, we had this cool Mission conference on the 17th and we woke up at 5:40, then traveled and chilled in GoiĆ¢nia the whole day. We first had a devotional thing from the mission pres and his wife and a counselor, then we took pictures as a mish, then we had Christmas dinner and then a mission talent show! I was in a thing where we sung 12 days of Christmas. But it was in Portuguese and things that happen on the mission here. Then we got home and then in bed at 11:30.

I found an interesting passage in the scriptures that has a blessing of what happens when we listen to good music. 1 Sam 16:14-23. (some of the doctrine as to why we try to listen to good and tasteful music)

Have a great week!

E. White

No comments:

Post a Comment