Monday, November 10, 2014

White House Branch Transfers!

Well, I'm going to be transferred! Again! It's strange how many comps and areas I've had, but this past transfer was really great, we worked really hard and were able to see the results.  This past week I reached 6 months in this mission! so 6 months speaking Portuguese. Well, I don't speak perfectly and I've still got a way to go, but I'm a lot better at speaking than 3 months ago. In these past two transfers I've been able to get a lot better at speaking than with my first 3 months here.

I'm going to be going to Anápolis. It's about an hour north of Goiânia by bus and there is a really interesting city. It's got a toooon of churches. So almost everyone that lives there already has a church and knows the Bible really well. Also, I hear that there is the coldest area in the mish. But I'll be able to say more next week. My companion will be Elder Av. and he's Brazilian and from the northeast. He's got the same time on the mish as me. The area will be Maracanaã. 

Here in Brazil, everyone wears flip-flops everywhere around house. No one goes around barefoot because of the nasty stuff you can get. Sometimes in the showers, I see random worms crawling on the flow.

Also, like most countries that are 3rd world, we sleep with all of the windows open, and we always sleep with a fan.

With Christmas starting up soon, and here doesn't have thanksgiving, Christmas started two weeks ago in the stores with decorations and everything else that you need to have a Christmas.

Do any of y'all know the day that the Melchizedek priesthood was restored? I was trying to find it, but I couldn't.
Also, I forgot! We have a lot of people with baptismal dates that are pretty solid, but we're being transferred.... I'm being transferred and Elder G. (my comp) We baptized a son of a couple that's been to church a few times and we were going to baptize another son and get the couple married. But we'll leave that to the elders that are coming in. Also, everyone in our district were able to have a baptism last week! but we're getting transferred...Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment