Monday, July 7, 2014

This Past Week!





This past week Elder N. didn't have bus fare to take the bus to district meeting and didn't want to borrow money from somebody, so we walked to district training. It was an interesting experience and we walked for 1.5 hrs. Man, I was sore. I didn't even know you could get sore from walking. My legs were wayy sore, even my butt was sore.


Apple juice doesn't exist here, it's a bummer b/c it's almost on the same level as orange juice for me. But that's okay, because there's passion fruit gatorade here or maracujá. And there is cashew juice. How crazy is that? It tastes like regular salted cashews without the salt and sweet and juicy-like, it's pretty good. Apparently, the cashew is a fruit and there are just nuts growing off of the fruit. I would suggest looking it up. Very fascinating.
The game of Brasil vs. Germany is coming up tomorrow @ 5. We're going to go inside when the game starts or maybe go in a little before and not go out after.

Quick lesson in Portuguese, bamdo means a flock or group of ducks and 'tudo bêm' means how's it going, but they say it whenever they see anyone. 
Reunited with Elder B. from the MTC!!

I'm also a lot skinner now that I was in Florida. I've returned to the pre-mish weight of about 178.86ish, but that's with boots on and all of my clothes, so actually I'm probably about 174.

Also, gas here is 2.69/liter.  My Portuguese is coming along and I'm getting pretty well at talking to people and reading, but understanding people when they are talking really fast or using words that I don't know, it goes straight over my head.

Also, there's been a lot of people asking for a birthday list and here it is:
I probably need about 2 more pairs of pants because right now I only have 4 and washing the clothes every 4 days gets to be a hassle. And I think I'll run through them before the end of my mission, if I wear them every 4 days.

Also, an external hard drive to hold all of my stuff. I have some sd cards, but it would be really nice to take videos of myself talking and other things. With a hard drive, I would be able to free up all of my space. Even a 64 gig usb drive would work. 

Socks. We walk a loooot. and my socks are all developing holes.


Elder B.'s desk is neater than mine.



Around the Apartment







 Around Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment