Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 23: FFLM soon to be Brazil!

This past week was also a lot of fun! I got settled down with my companion and the area and we got the area hopping and now I'm going somewhere else! It's going to be so much fun! Also, I've also been able to stay healthy here in this area and was able to find a lot more motivation/drive for missionary work even though the area that I'm in right now is classified as one of the more difficult areas.

This past week with Elder Br. was also really good, like the last 5 weeks. I was able to continue working hard with him and continue helping the area do better and progress. Elder Br. and his trainee will do amazing here in Davie. We biked a lot and I'm trying to not get lax. Also, I'm really glad that I was able to be put in davie north with Elder Br.. I was able to learn a lot and do some good things here.
This past week, we were able to see a great miracle! Elder Br. and I were biking and there's a guy resting against a fence and we almost bike by him, but Elder Br. stops and asks him if we can pray for him. We started talking to him and he had a broken foot and was walking back home and was a recovering alcoholic and heroin addict. He said that he was thinking about getting some alcohol from the store and then because we stopped and prayed with him he said that he wasn't going to go to the store and that he knew God sent us to him so that he wouldn't drink and then relapse to heroin. I was really glad that we were led to go to him and be able to help him out. By small and simple things the lord brings to pass great and marvelous things. Miracles! All over the place ! It's amazing here! (this happens every day multiple times a day)

The mormon.org/becauseofhim website was also talked about by our mission president. He said it was a really good movie and it was! It's a really great opportunity to spread the message about Easter and help people to be able to come to church.


We will also have the opportunity this Saturday of hearing from :Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Council of the Twelve Apostles. We will also have Bishop Gary E. Stevens of the Presiding Bishopric, Elder Erich W. Kopischke of the First Quorum of the Seventy and Elder Stephen E. Thompson of the Seventy attending as well.


It's going to be straight revelation for a few hours on missionary work. It's going to be soooo good!

I was at a member's house and they love to play board games! And this is just one part of the house! They have toooons!!

More stuff next Monday, I don't have time. Bye!

Oh, I forgot the most important detail of the week: I GOT MY VISA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment