Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 14: The Fort Lauderdale, FL Experience!

The branch building!
Sweet! So I have Elder R. as my companion. International companions are wayy sweet! He's super obedient in a good way and is super easy to get along with! So this transfer is going by way faster than the last two and I don't like it. And I hear that it keeps snowballing. (It just passes by faster and faster) So it'll seem even faster in a few months. The time that I've had on my mission so far has passed by wayy faster than the 8 weeks I spent in summer term at college. It's ridiculous and awesome!



I'm pretty sure that if I receive my visa that I'll be sent out on the next Monday. So I may have 1 p-day where I might not be able to e-mail. But I might be allowed to do it on the Sunday or Saturday before.

We were talking to somebody that wanted to get in contact with the Orlando missionaries, and we had no idea how to do it. We decided on three different ways to go about doing it. First off, you could refer yourself on mormon.org and say that you've read the Book of Mormon and know the church is true. And put a fake address 'orlando' and then write your phone number down in the correct locations and make sure that they call you. Then they should call really fast. Or, you could call the temple in Orlando and they could patch you through to some missionaries. Or, lastly we could call our mission president and ask him for a way to be able to contact them. It was an interesting conversation.

The new planner for this transfer!
Also, instead of being really terrible at basketball, I'm only average now. Big improvement there! I can actually make shots and can drive down to the basket. It's just because we've been playing basketball every p-day.


The first week and a half of this transfer, Elder R. and I were on bikes. The reason why is because we didn't have a tiwi card. Tiwi is something that helps keep the missionaries from speeding and driving too agressively. It's also tied into the car computer. So you have to have a tiwi card and log in with it into the tiwi to be able to drive the car. This past week we were able to get the tiwi card from the mission office. The card had been ready since Tuesday and had never been picked up by the mailman. We find out Friday that the card was still at the mission office and had never left. So I think to myself, well, I guess we'll be biking until Tuesday. But Elder R. says that we should see if anyone in the branch can get it. We talk about who can get it for a while, and then think of our branch president, President Ponce. He travels around a lot for his job and thankfully he was traveling down to Fort Lauderdale on Friday. He is a super good guy and was able to stop by the mission office for us and drop it off where we were biking and take us to where our car was so that we could finally drive. You can do so much more with a car than with biking!

The back yard!


This past week, I was able to read all over the Book of Mormon about the Atonement.  It was all super interesting and focused on the Atonement. So I then decided to read my farewell talk which was based on the atonement and was able to get a fresh view of why I came on a mission and what the atonement meant to me then and what it means now. I would have to say that the big difference from now and then is my testimony of repentance. That if you try and truly repent  or change that everything is going to be okay and that the past is behind, and that there is no baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment