Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week 12 of the Fort Lauderdale, FL Experience!

So for some reason I'm really tired, so I expect the letter to be somewhat boring. 

Something that I forgot was that last week, I had P-Day on Tuesday because of MLK. Generally we work every holiday that comes up so that we will be more likely to find people at home.

This past week, nothing really crazy happened except for shootings happened. But that's a normal, weekly occurrence of Belle Glade. Yesterday, we saw cops driving on pretty much every street. The whole city was crawling with cops.


So we were able to have stake conference this past week and were able to have an exciting weekend. We went to the Stake Conference Adult session on Saturday and it was super good, talking about hastening the work. One of the people in the mission presidency got up and gave a talk, throwing down on how members need to help the missionaries out. Also, on Sunday we were watching stake conference, and one of the kids in front of us was acting up. Because Belle Glade has some good southern culture, a woman took the kid out of sacrament meeting. 5 minutes later, she comes back with a newly broken switch and the boy. After she sits down, the kids next to him are acting up and she points the switch at the ones acting up and the gesture said, you better not act up any more or you'll get the same treatment!


Also, yesterday night we were able to find out who was going to be leaving Belle Glade and who was staying. My trainer is leaving and I find out tomorrow who is replacing him and "greenie breaking" me. My trainer was a pretty cool guy, he knew the doctrines of the gospel really well and was a super good teacher and knew the area like the back of his hand. I, on the other hand don't really know my way around the area. But I'm a pretty good guesser, so we should be able to get around well. I was halfway expecting to go to an area in my mission that has a lot of Brazilians, but the guy who came down with me got sent there. I'm wondering when my VISA will show up, because it's been a lot of time since I turned it in. There was a Sister that came in, served for 5 weeks, and went to Brazil. My VISA will come in time, but it would be nice if it came soon.

Have a good week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment