Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 8 of the Fort Lauderdale, FL experience

So it's going pretty good here where I am, I have like three minutes to do this e-mail.

 I found out today that I'm going to be staying in the states for at least another two transfers, hopefully it all works out well. It turns out that now I need to acquire an FBI clearance, and that takes a while. It's going to be taken care of here in the mission though, I'm pretty sure that it's just a bunch of paperwork. I'm staying pumped and ready to go to Brazil.

Also, today we had a pretty sweet time. We drove an hour to wellington so that we could play volleyball and storm the castle. We had a lot of fun playing volleyball, and storm the castle was crazy awesome. We set up a bunch of chairs and then put up tables sideways and a few chalkboards in the church gym and had an epic Nerf gun war. Needless to say, it was awesome. We also got to shop at Walmart in wellington, which is much better than shopping at Winn-dixie. Everything that you can buy at Winn-dixie is twice the price of everything at 
Walmart! So if it says bogo there, it actually means that you are buying something at the regular price that something would be. There's just a ridiculous monopoly here just because Winn-dixie is the only grocery store around. And the quality of the food is terrible too. But I won't get into that.
I was at a member's house for dinner, and we found out that he likes cool different stuff. And we found these laying around his living room. Super Cool!
This past Christmas was pretty cool, thanks everyone for sending me cool things and letters. Everyone that was staying in the apartment woke up at 6:00 instead of 6:30. Needless to say, I was pretty grumpy for half an hour because I need my beauty sleep. But we were able to have an amazing Christmas out here in the mission field in Belle Glade! There were some cool members that had us over for lunch and an early supper also. Suuuupper good!

Well, I guess that I'll e-mail y'all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment